A Little About Me

/
0 Comments
My name is Laura Gwyn Clapp and I'm originally from right here in good ol' Asheboro, NC. I began the Interior Design program back in the early 90's, but with a strengthening desire to escape our quaint little town, I set out for High Point and finished a degree from HPU in Theatre Arts. Fast forward 20 some years later and I'm back to finish what I started all those years ago, and guess what, I found out that Asheboro isn't all that bad. Our town is flourishing and provides a great place to relax, unwind and raise a family.
Family...mine is rather large. I have a husband, 2 daughters, 4 stepsons, 5 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild on the way! We have a farm down in the Seagrove area, with a farmhouse that is over 100 years old. I had the privilege of remodeling that home along with our residence in the city. Remodeling and design are passions I believe I was born with. I would say acting is my first passion, but running close behind is interior design. I have truly enjoyed my time back at RCC and feel like I have learned a great deal that will help me be more successful in the future.
I'm excited about what the future has to offer. Upon graduation I would love to work as part of the art department on various movies and television shows being filmed in NC and Georgia. I feel the combination of my degree in interior design and theatre arts will help me accomplish this goal. Regardless of where this road leads, I'm glad to be back and finishing what I began back in the early 90's. Remember, it's never to late, and you're never to old for an education!


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.